Problems installing Fastpath

Hi all,

we just recently upgraded to Wildfire Enterprise and are very excited about using Fastpath. Anyway, I’‘m trying to set up a demo workgroup in Fastpath. There are 3 members in the workgroup “test” with all 3 in the Default Queue, including myself. I’‘m logged in to Spark, and in my Customer Chat tab, it says I’‘m logged into the Test workgroup. But from the Enterprise Console, it says 0/3 (active/total members). When I run the Webchat test, it says it’‘s offline. Any ideas? Maybe I’‘m missing something simple but I’'ve been fiddling around with it for a little while trying to get it to work. Thanks for any help!

Doug Craig

rcprolab.com

Hey Doug,

Which version of Wildfire Enterprise and Spark are you using? Have you added just a username or a JID as an agent? If you added a JID then make sure that the domain matches the Wildfire’'s domain.

Regards,

– Gato

The newest, 3.2.0 and 2.0.8. I added the usernames as agents (using the helpful add user form).

I just reset Wildfire and ten ran the Fastpath test, and copied and pasted the error message that popped up on the Wildfire server;

Wildfire 3.2.0

Admin console listening at http://192.168.1.39:9090

Starting Wildfire Enterprise

Feb 16, 2007 2:13:53 PM com.jivesoftware.webchat.util.WebLog logError

WARNING: Error retrieving chat setting using key=no_help_text and workgroup=null

service-unavailable(503)

at com.jivesoftware.smack.workgroup.user.Workgroup.getChatSettings(Unknown Source)

at com.jivesoftware.smack.workgroup.user.Workgroup.getChatSettings(Unknown Source)

at com.jivesoftware.webchat.util.SettingsManager.getChatSetting(SettingsManager.ja va:107)

at com.jivesoftware.webchat.util.FormText.getTextSetting(FormText.java:128)

at com.jivesoftware.webchat.util.FormText.getNoHelpText(FormText.java:103)

at com.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.email.offline_002dmail_jsp._jspService(offline_0 02dmail_jsp.java:47)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)

at com.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi ngFilter.java:44)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at com.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:91)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:146)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:751)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

Any ideas? Thanks!

Doug Craig

rcprolab.com

Doug, this might be a version issue (although I doubt it). Would you download Spark 2.5 beta (http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/beta.jsp) and see if it works in that?

Thanks,

Kevin

Well, I just noticed a new version of Wildfire and Fastpath, 3.2.1 - I’'m gonna go ahead and update to those before I try a beta…

Okay, that didn’'t really work either. I have a Test workgroup of which a couple of us IT guys are the users, just for testing purposes. However, it only recognized when I am online, no one else. In addition, when I go to the Fastpath->Webchat tester, I get a screen that says only:

Fastpath Web Chat

List of available workgroups in Fastpath

Click one of the following workgroups to join.

And that’'s it, no workgroups listed, no other text or images or links.

Doug Craig

rcprolab.com

Just upgraded to 3.2.2 and I’'m getting the same thing as I posted in the previous message. Anyone have any idea of what to do?

I’‘m posting to this thread just so I can get in on the problem as well. I have the same problem where I don’'t have a workgroup to connect to during the test.

Any help appreciated.

Jason Manous

UGA - Undergraduate Admissions

jcmanous@uga.edu

Hi all.

I was going to start a new thread but looks like I could get an answer here (hope so). I’'ve also installed Fastpath but I get nothing in list of groups when starting Webchat from control panel.

Hello,

I am out of the office until May 1st.

Thanks,

Kevin Williams

Hey guys,

I went ahead and wiped my Wildfire 3.2.4 and installed Openfire 3.3.0. Still using Spark 2.0.8 - but, I found that if I uninstall Spark, and re-install Spark, then the server-based Webchat on Openfire works 100% perfectly. I think it’‘s just one of those need-a-reinstall kinda Windows issues. But needless to say, it’‘s working (internally) now, and now I’'m working on deploying it on our website. Hope you guys have some luck getting it running!

Well. Thanks to Nate from Jive I got Fatspath working

Trick was that my server name was 127.0.0.1 when it should be FQDN (myserver.com)