Problems with file transfers

Hello to all.

I am using the last version of smack (nicghtly build, the 3rd of april).

I am having some problems with the file transfers, specially receiving them :

Approved outgoing file transfer to : moriano@localhost/Gajim

java.lang.NullPointerException: name cannot be null

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.packet.StreamInitiation$File.(StreamInitiation.java:227 )

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.provider.StreamInitiationProvider.parseIQ(StreamInitiat ionProvider.java:93)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parseIQ(PacketReader.java:598)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:284)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:63)

/code

I was reading at the bugtrack and i find that there is something to fix in the file transfers, so that is the reason because i am using the nightly build.

Not always i get the same error, sometimes the file transfere manager do not even fire the fact that someone wants to send me a message.

In addition i have checked this with different jabber clients (each one has a different answer) : Gaim, Gajim, Psi, Gabber…

Probably is something that i am doing bad, but is there anyone else with similar problems??

Thanks.

Hmmm… is there a way you can check the XML being sent by Gajim? It would appear as though they are providing an invalid packet, file name is required as part of the spec.

Thanks,

Alex

As a follow-up I have tracked down the offending XML:

/code

Line 3 should not be there.

I have submitted a bug to Gajim:

Alex

Looks like the Gajim developers have checked in a fix:

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks

I am still fighting with the file transfers… what seems to happen is that each client is not working exactly following the standars, i still have some problems specially at receiving files, i make my testing with gabber, gajim, gossip and YACJ (the client i am doing…)

Sometimes the file transfers are not even being received, although i can not say this is a problem of smack, i need to debug my code much more, but i will let you kno if i find something.

In any case, thanks a lot for the support smack is very nice!

Do your best to keep us posted! We hope to be compatible with as many clients as possible.

Alex