Problems with groups and users

If I go to user-summary.jsp, my users are not listed.
If I go to group-summary.jsp, my usrs are listed there as if they are groups.

My server properties are as follows:

provider.auth.className org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.HybridAuthProvider
provider.user.className org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.HybridUserProvider
provider.group.className org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider
hybridAuthProvider.primaryProvider.className org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapAuthProvider
hybridAuthProvider.secondaryProvider.className org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider
hybridUserProvider.primaryProvider.className org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider
hybridUserProvider.secondaryProvider.className org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.DefaultUserProvider

My openfire.xml file has:

org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.DefaultUserProvider

Any ideas on the mixup I am seeing?

Thanks,
John

What are you trying to do? Is this a clean setup? How are you trying to configure it? Are you using LDAP? What changes to the default settings did you make and why? I am sorry for all the questions but your post is more confusing than anything else.

it is a clean setup

i had configured it to read the user list from my openldap install

that worked fine

but i want the ability to also create users for openfire without adding them to my ldap directory hence i am using the hybrid model

so i added several items to the server properties based on other threads.

but when i view the list of users, i see none, while they appear in the group list.

does that make more sense?

This sounds more like a LDAP mapping issue. Are you sure you have specified the prober mappings to OpenLDAP (no the default settings of openfire are not correct).

No - it’s not an ldap mapping issue.

if i remove the hybrid stuff, everything behaves perfectly fine…

do you have a working example of a config that allows ldap and database users to coexist, or where i can find one?

Sorry I cannot help with this at all then.

Can anyone help? Has anyone setup a hybrid model with custom DB and LDAp user authentication?

Anyone at Igniterealtime perhaps?

Is there a way to pay for support? I don’t know how else to get a response, which really shouldnt be needed given that there’s no documentation on this feature.

I am pulling users from my LDAP database.

Does anyone know how to setup OpenFire to also allow me to add users that are not part of the LDAP?

Anyone? Perhaps someone from Ignite has done this, or other users out there? I am so appreciative of any help you can spare.

Thanks,

John