Problems with IRC Gateway

Hi to all.

I’'ve installed irc plugin in openfire.

I’'ve configured and tested the connection. All gone well

I’‘ve add a gateway registration. In my sprk client, I’'ve seen messages from irc server

But now, how can I use this transport???

Thanx

Well first off, what exactly do you mean by “use it”. In theory you are using it right now. ;D

If you mean how to join a chat room though, that’‘s arriving in version 1.1.0. (there’‘s a beta of it available in a different thread and on the beta plugins page, another beta coming hopefully soon) Spark itself doesn’'t have anything built in to pay attention to the IRC transport so it may not be the best way to interact with it.

Ok, thanx for the answer :smiley:

Is there another client that manage irc transport?

Thanx

I’'ve installed the beta version…

Where are channels??? I know, I’'m a dummies… Excuse me

Psi can interact with all of the transports just fine. At some level so can Spark but you need to know what to do. (typically you can register yourself with the IRC transport from the admin console and then Spark will be able to interact with it some, it just won’'t have a pretty icon up top like the rest of the services)

Channels don’'t “show up” anywhere (yet). You can, however, join for example:

#ninjas@conference.irc.myserver.org/mynick

to join the #ninjas channel on irc. obviously you would want to swap myserver.org with whatever your server’'s name is, mynick with your irc nickname, and #ninjas with whatever channel you really want to join.

Thanx thanx and thanx again.

Two questions:

• dcc chat is not supported?

• with psi all gone well and I connect to irc channel, but where I make a connection in spark? I don’'t find where to put a string connection like the one you have told to me.

Thanx

Nyarlathotep wrote:

Thanx thanx and thanx again.

Two questions:

• dcc chat is not supported?

I highly doubt it’‘s currently supported. If it is it’‘s by accident. I’'m actually planning on changing libraries that I use for IRC because the one I have right now is kinda… useless.

• with psi all gone well and I connect to irc channel, but where I make a connection in spark? I don’'t find where to put a string connection like the one you have told to me.

I hate to say it but I really don’‘t know. I’'m not that familiar with Spark. I was mostly guessing as to how it would be done. =) You might try asking the Spark support forum for some suggestions.