Problems with jabber gateway plugin

Hi

I’m having problems with the jabber gateway plugin. Everytime i try username or username@jabber.org it returns a password incorrect message. Is there something wrong with the gateway ?

thanks

You need an account on the jabber server you try to connect to, based on the options set for the xmpp gateway. If you want to connect to igniterealtime.org you need to enter that into the options for the plugin then create an account with ignite’s server, then connect.

i’ve tried it with username@jabber.org (with jabber.org specified on openfire) but to no avail.

do you have an account with jabber.org? if you do not it will not work. you need an account on whatever server you are trying to connect to.

Yes i’ve got a jabber.org account, this is why it’s puzzling

There’s something “off” with the authentication mechanisms I’m using. First off, it “seems” like certain server implementations that we connect to work, and others don’t. Furthermore, when I went to fix the XMPP transport one, it broke GTalk, and visa versa. One would think it was easy to write an XMPP transport. ;D However, I haven’t yet had time to iron out all of these issues. This is, of course, why it’s still under experimental. =(

You are correct the gateway appears to have issues with jabber.org. It works with igniterealtime.org. The error I get with jabber.org is:

2008.02.12 09:50:33 Creating xmpp session for mtstravel

2008.02.12 09:50:35 xmpp user’s login/password does not appear to be correct: mtstravel

SASL authentication failed:

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java: 327)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:438)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.xmpp.XMPPSession$1.run(XMPPSession. java:198)

How bizarre. Thanks for creating an issue for it!!!

I did PM you back in December about this issue (Dec 18th 2007). However, I tried it with chat.gizmoproject.com.

Yup, it’s been a known issue, hence the experimental status of the transport.