Problems with manifest files in 4.0.0-rc2 regarding OSGi

I will check that tomorrow (not so much time) or on Thursday and will give you feedback here.
That would be great, as I’m planing to release 4.0.0-rc2 after your OK.

At a first glance:

• smack-experimental-components.xml: “org.jivesoftware.smack.initializer.experimental.ExtensionsInitializer” -> “org.jivesoftware.smack.initializer.experimental.ExperimentalInitializer”

Awaiting your fix and will check again.

Fixed with https://github.com/Flowdalic/Smack/commit/9a32f7b00c4b604aa4592082d40057ad4359cb fe

The current state of the components works so far under OSGi, but I have to admit that I was not able to conduct an extensive test. From my side: I am awaiting the new rc2-release

Thank you very much for your commitment. Interesting when we think, that the stumbling block was a malformed Bundle-Version.

Alright then. I’ve squash merged the OSGi commits in master and pushed the new master to the offical repo. Will later wrap up 4.0.0-rc2

Thanks for you effort

@Jens I’ve created SMACK-576 about making smack-resolver-javax an OSGi ServiceComponent.

I wonder why I didn’t think about it when we made smack-experimental, smack-extensions and smack-legacy an ServiceComponent. As of Smack 4.0.0 OSGi users would need to manually install smack-resolver-javax. This shouldn’t be the case any more with Smack 4.0.1-SNAPSHOT. Could you verify this? Thank you.

Unfortunately, there is is small mistake in the manifest file of smack-resolver-javax:

Solution 1:

Service-Component: org.jivesoftware.smackx/smack-resolver-javax-components.xml

->

Service-Component: org.jivesoftware.smack/smack-resolver-javax-components.xml

Solution 2 (recommended):

Rename the resource path from org.jivesoftware.smack to org.jivesoftware.smackx

Thanks Jens, fixed in 4.0.2-SNAPSHOT

(3) Versioning#2:

“smack-resolver-javax” and “smack-resolver-dnsjava” import the package “org.jivesoftware.smack.util” without any version. It works, but it should be avoided.

Logged as SMACK-587