powered by Jive Software

Problems with some Logins

Hello,

we have an Openfire 4.0.3 installed on an Windows 2012 R2 Server

database is on our main SQL Server. Users and groups are managed via Active Directory.

At the moment we are testing Openfire. In the past we created logins with ä, ö, ü. Openfire doesn’t accept the users.

Is their a workaround to so that Openfire accept them or do we need to rename than in the Active Directory?

Greetings Veltron

I think this was fixed in 4.1.0 [OF-1220] Allow logins with non-latin usernames - IgniteRealtime JIRA

I made the update the error is still there in the Logs are the same entries. Users exists in the Active Directory)

2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([GUN.all, DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (aj�)
2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (ah�)
2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (mn�)
2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([GUN.all, DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (hj�)
2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (af�)
2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (rm�)
2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([GUN.all, DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (ph�)
2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([GUN.all, DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (mr�)
2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (mp�)
2017.03.16 14:31:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([DGF.all, DE.ITK]) include non-existent username (eg�)

in the Group the users are listet but without a link to the useroptions.

afü@xyz.zap.weg *

* Note: Remote users or entities should accept presence subscriptions automatically.

as Little bonus since the update i can’t connect with the spark client anymore.

I only can login into the administration.

Well, maybe this fix was only for local users and it is different with Ldap users. What error does Spark show?

Spark says that the user or password is noch correct.

Spark Debuggconsole:

Raw Sent Packets

<stream:stream xmlns=‘jabber:client’ to=‘info.sar.intern’ xmlns:stream=‘http://etherx.jabber.org/streams’ version=‘1.0’ from=‘eis@info.sar.intern’ xml:lang=‘en’>

Raw Received Packets

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

stream:featuresGSSAPI</mechani sms>zlib</stream:features>

info.png

We did try to use SSO with the older server Version but it didn’t run so far. So we didn’t activate it in the Spark Client.

It is really strange with the same user I can enter the Administration but noch the chat I am atm not sure what i did wrong

At least one issue is, you are trying to use GSSAPI to authenticate with.

please go into your openfire server properties and change sasl.mechs by adding PLAIN (comma delimited)

thx adding PLAIN and activate “Accept all certificates” in Spark allowed me to login again.

with the older version i didn’t need it. I think i should try to get SSO running.

For the Problem with ä ö ü if it doesn’t work with the newest version i will need to rename the logins

The Problem is still aktive we are atm analysing what problems we get wenn we rename the logins.

I tried to move them to other groups oder AD objects like recomanded for problems with ( * Note: Remote users or entities should accept presence subscriptions automatically. ) but it didn’t work.

Has anybody an idea what I can try? I realy don’t want to rename userlogins

I wonder if this has to do with [OF-1305] Openfire doesn’t load user names with multi-byte characters from LDAP/AD - IgniteRealtime JIRA

You can try this test build. backup your openfire.jar and replace it with this one. This is more or less the nightly build, but with a few patches that have not yet been merged.
openfire.jar (14113609 Bytes)

1 Like

Thx for the help, now it works correctly and every user can use the chat system. Next projekt getting sso to run (in new topic)

FYI…this build also has an experimental cache for ldap look ups. [OF-1306] Cache LDAP UserDN searches - IgniteRealtime JIRA

so please be sure to post any bugs or issue you have it it.

1 Like

Ok I will post if I find something