powered by Jive Software

Problems with utf8 and namespaces on igniterealtime.org

Hi,

First: I don’'t know whether this is the right place to post this, but I found no email addresses

or anything else on theses websites which seemed to be more appropriate.

I’'m developing a client library for xmpp, and i ran into following problems with the

jabber server running at igniterealtime.org (version Openfire Enterprise 3.3.0 Alpha 1):

First, if I use a resource that has utf8 characters, the connection seems to get stuck when i send this:

This seems to be a bug in namespace handling. This is a violation of RFC3920 section 11.2. XML Namespace Names and Prefixes.