Probloms when uploading IMGateway into openfire3.5.1

Hi everyone :

When I try to load IMGateway into openfire3.5.1,I found probloms as follow:

1.on the wed consle ,on the plugin page ,I do had uploaded the IMGateway plugin ,and the IMGateway plugin had already in the plugin list as well,but when I ture to the server admin page,there is no gateway admin consle for me to start the IMGate service.

2.Then I restarted the IMGateway plugin ,The server throws errors .they are:

log4j:ERROR A “org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender” object is not assignable to a “org.apache.log4j.Appender” variable.

log4j:ERROR The class “org.apache.log4j.Appender” was loaded by

log4j:ERROR whereas object of type

log4j:ERROR “org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender” was loaded by .

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named “A1”.

log4j:ERROR A “org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender” object is not assignable to a “org.apache.log4j.Appender” variable.

log4j:ERROR The class “org.apache.log4j.Appender” was loaded by

log4j:ERROR whereas object of type

log4j:ERROR “org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender” was loaded by .

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named “openfire”.

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.TransportInstance).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

By the way ,I used mysql4.1.22-community-nt as DB,when this failed ,I changed my DB up to mysql5.0.45-community-nt,failed again;

The version of the IMGateway I use is |1.2.2a|author : Daniel Henninger|

I am looking forward for your replays !

thanks!

Pierce

I am experiencing the same issue with IM Gateway Plugin version 1.2.3

Most likely the IM Gateway plugin was not able to unload itself for some reason. Try restarting your server entirely. (these messages have nothing to do with the DB btw) I’m running the IM Gateway plugin 1.2.3 under OF 3.5.1 on a number of servers with MySQL and such and am not seeing this. It almost looks like log4j is losing it’s mind, but that doesn’t make much sense unless there’s a conflicting log4j installed. I can’t imagine why that would be unless you were updating some of the libraries that come with openfire, which I highly doubt. What OS is this?

I did reboot the server running Openfire 3.5.1 and have validated that the IM plugin is in stalled. Still no sign of the Gateway mamagement selection on the server and no sign of gateway options on the client side either

Try shutting your server down, deleting gateway.jar and the gateway directory from the plugins directory, download a fresh copy of 1.2.3 from igniterealtime.org, copying that into your plugins directory, and restarting the server.

This last suggestion worked perfectly. Thanks

Interesting. That would imply that when gateway.jar was extracted upon upgrading it, that it did not completely extract and bits of the old and bits of the new were in place. =( Well, glad it fixed the problem, but lame none-the-less!

I agree… The issue is repeatable. Same problem on another 3.4.x server that was upgrade to 3.5.1

I met the same problem, but I tried your method still can’t work.

the gateway plugin I used is the one I build from the source code in SVN (for 3_5_0), and the openfire I used is also 3.5.0. I found when load the gateway plugin in pluginManager::loadplugin, and when try to call plugin.initializeplugin, a noClassDefFoundError throwed, since I can’t trace into the gateway plugin, so I can’t find the exact error. Can anyone help please?