Profile Information

I was discouraged after upgrading to Spark 2.5 (currently running beta 3) and I could no longer view a contact’‘s mobile number. Honestly, I don’‘t even have a home phone and I’‘m talking to more and more people that don’‘t have home phones. I know my co-workers’’ extensions and I would never call anyone on their home phone number. I’'d rather have just the mobile number than the home or work number.

I’'m sure there are lots of people that would say the work/home numbers are more important, so I recommend that you include all three on the View Profile window.

Now for the business side to this:

Most of our employees use Wildfire/Spark only on their work computers for talking to co-workers, so none of the information on the Profile window is very useful. You have their email address cached in Outlook, no one wants to publish their home phone for everyone in the company, everyone knows work numbers (listed in PBX directory) and everyone works for the same company. So, I think the mobile number is probably the only important, missing information in their Profile.

A better solution would be a button on the simple Profile window to view the full (Spark 2.0.8 style) Profile Information window

Hi,

the new look of the vCards is quite nice but some information is really missing. So displaying the old vCard would be nice, while I prefer a way to configure the look&feel of the vCard using a configuration file on the Wildfire server using some protocol extension.

LG

I just went ahead and implemented the requested improvement “A better solution would be a button on the simple Profile window to view the full (Spark 2.0.8 style) Profile Information window”

Cheers,

Derek

Thanks! Can’'t wait for the next build