Progress Update

Hey all,

Just wanted to provide a status update – the 2.0 codebase is now essentially fully functioning. Those that are interested can download from CVS (see earlier post) and make a build. We’'ll be posting beta binaries within a couple of days and then a final release when the code seems to be working well.

Regards,

Matt

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I’‘ve been very happy with the 1.1 server; I have to say it was the easiest setup of any Jabber server I’‘ve used. I’'m really looking forward to trying out 2.0 and hopefully contributing to its future development.

Thanks for your work on this great piece of software!

I agree. I’'ve found Jive Messenger 1.1 and the Smack library to be very easy to use, well documented, and well supported in the forum thanks to the users and matt and gaston. Thanks, guys.

I realize you guys are busily working on Messenger 2.0, but I was wondering if there is a feature list or roadmap to indicate what we can expect of the upcoming release. I haven’'t been able to find anything listed on the various jive software sites.

Thanks

Doug

Doug,

I realize you guys are busily working on Messenger

2.0, but I was wondering if there is a feature list

or roadmap to indicate what we can expect of the

upcoming release. I haven’'t been able to find

anything listed on the various jive software sites.

The 2.0.0 release is similar to 1.1 from an end-user perspective. The main changes:

• Massive code cleanup and refactoring under the hood.

• Numerous bug fixes.

• Improved MUC support.

• Simpler packaging.

Most new features viewable to end-users will come after the initial 2.0.0 release – this first one is to get us setup for future changes and to get the Open Source code out there.

As soon as 2.0.0 comes out, we’'ll post a much more detailed plan for future improvements.

Regards,

Matt

Aiiieeey…

He’'s making me salivate when he talks about v2!

Heh.

Keep it going!

…watching for the binaries…