PSQL error during Setup Utility "Database Connections - Standard Connection"

Hi all,

To start off, I’m a novice with databases, but I’m getting the following error during the Setup utility from my browser during “Database Connections - Standard Connection”:

Generic error:

A connection to the database could not be made. View the error message by opening the “/logs/error.log” log file, then go back to fix the problem.

Error.log portion:

2016.07.20 14:53:08 org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager - SchemaManager: Failed to execute SQL:

CREATE TABLE ofUser ( username VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, storedKey VARCHAR(32), serverKey VARCH$

2016.07.20 14:53:08 org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager - ERROR: relation “ofuser” already exists

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation “ofuser” already exists

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction or a fix?

Thanks all!

CentOS 7

PostgreSQL 9.2

So, I change the user to “postgres” and get and reset the password to something much more simple:

2016.07.20 16:11:32 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory - Prototype

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for user “postgres”

I was suspecting a password complexity issue, but that doesn’t seem to be it…

Never found what the issue was.

Completely yum erased all the postgresql packages, renamed a /var/lib/pgsql, re-created the directory and went through the set up process again.

I didn’t copy over the schema, however. The setup utility did not error out though. We will see. Right now, I’m trying to get LDAP AD authenticated…