PubSub error

Hallo

I have a new installation of 3.6.2 an try to test the PubSub service.

i receive the following error:

2008.12.18 09:59:34 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.pubsub.PubSubModule.process(PubSubModule.java:189)
] Internal server error
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pubsub.PubSubModule.getItems(PubSubModule.java:707)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.disco.IQDiscoItemsHandler.handleIQ(IQDiscoItemsHandle r.java:120)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pubsub.PubSubModule.process(PubSubModule.java:219)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pubsub.PubSubModule.process(PubSubModule.java:178)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:260)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:303)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:68)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:319)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:79)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:284)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:176)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:133)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:185)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any idea or expirience with this service ?

Hi,

you may want to post the message which you are sending to cause this error.

LG

I suppose that I had not set “xmpp.pubsub.root.nodeID” = “/” and the retrieving of affiliation:

failed. (With NPE)

I think the default value of “xmpp.pubsub.root.nodeID” is very important to be set. (I.e. like “/”).

After this was set I was able to retrieve the nodes and subscriptions.

I take a look in http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html but the examples were not very helpful.

But is there any document for helping set up pubsub nodes in Openfire.

Especially how I have to set the user rights for subscriptions?

(I am testing pubsub, trying to find out why pubsub notifications are not stored as offline messages, if the user is not online.)

In any case thank you for the response

See http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/JM-1508 to find out why pubsub notifications are not stored as offline messages, if the user is not online.

i see thanks