Pubsub support in clustering

is pubsub supported under the clustered mode? I’m wondering how the pubsub dom is synchronized between different nodes and its performance implications. i.e. is it master-slave (one write node, many read-only nodes)?

Hey window-shade,

Openfire 3.4.0 will not have pubsub support in clustering. However, it is filed as JM-1134 for Openfire 3.4.1. We added XEP-0163: Personal Eventing via Pubsub to Openfire 3.4.0 that is based on pubsub and we need clustering for PEP too. So both PubSub and PEP support in clustering are planned for 3.4.1.

Regards,

– Gato

thanks Gato!

any idea when we can expect the 3.4.1 release to come out? you might not have an exact date yet but can you ball park it?

also, in the current non-clustered implementation, does the pubsub dom persists in the database or is it loaded in memory? i’m just wondering if we could beef up the database backend as an intermediate solution.

matt

Hey Matt,

any idea when we can expect the 3.4.1 release to come out? you might not have an exact date yet but can you ball park it?

We don’t have any exact date yet for 3.4.1 but based on our frequency of releases I would say that it might be something like 1.5 months or 2 months. Of course, critical bug fixes may always force a maintenance release to come out sooner.

also, in the current non-clustered implementation, does the pubsub dom persists in the database or is it loaded in memory? i’m just wondering if we could beef up the database backend as an intermediate solution.

Information is stored in the DB. Creating nodes or subscribing to nodes is immediately stored in the DB. However, for performance reasons new published items or items being deleted are queued in memory for 2 minutes and later flushed into the db.

Regards,

– Gato