Putting sparkweb in an iframe

Hello all,

I have put sparkweb in an iframe and all seems to work well, except for one little thing. I cannot logout. I hit the logout button and nothing happens. It just sits there. Anyone have any ideas?

Background:

Using sparkweb in an iframe is important to me as I am basically using iframe to wrap sparkweb so it can be included on the main page of a Moodle course. Someone developed a Moodle Block to work with openfire, but it is overly complicated and I just want to have sparkweb available to my teachers so this is a easy way to do that. The Iframe is actually pulling the sparkweb client from a non-web accessable folder on my server using Moodle’s own internal php calls so I can keep sparkweb private and only accessable to those Moodle users that I want to access it.

Any help regarding the logout issue in an iframe would be appreciated. Thanks

Wayne

Hi,

Are you using version 0.9 ? That version has a bug with the Logout button, I believe. try download the one that igniterealtime uses.

wget http://www.igniterealtime.org/sparkweb/SparkWeb.swf

daryl

Well, I appreciate the effort… But that didn’t work either, although the logout button is toggling now which I don’t think it was doing before, it still does not log me out. Any other ideas?

Wayne

Set your iframe location.href to a dummy empty page (about:blank) for example and the unload event will force flash to log you off from openfire.

Well I don’t think this is an iframe problem after all. It must have to do with how Moodle is calling the files as I tried a different method, without using iframes and had the same result… In case anyone is wondering the way Moodle calles a file is like this:

h ttp://www.domain.org/file.php/38/sparkweb/SparkWeb.html

The file.php is used to grab the files from a folder not directly web accessable, but is accessable by the moodle script…

I’m guessing this is my problem… When I ran sparkweb directly from a web folder, it worked fine and logged out fine…

Wayne