PyIRCt vs. Openfire 3.5.1

I’m not even sure where to start with this one, so here goes: Ever since I upgrade to Openfire 3.5.1, I’m getting two of each incoming message that comes through PyIRCt. (It’s not a problem for outgoing messages.)

Does anybody have an idea of where to start? This has been set up as an external component since I started running 3.3.x and has ~always worked fine, even up to 3.5.0.

Hey Scott,

Lets start by using the XML debugger attached in this post. The plugin will print to the stdout the traffic information. That will help us identify the problematic area.


– Gato

An excerpt of the log is attached. It’s the most recent information in there, from the time I asked someone to say something. There are a couple of distinct responses.

JIDs have been blacked out to protect the innocent. Feel free to PM me if it would help to be a little more real time.

The problem persisted in spite of several restarts of both Openfire and PyIRCt, but apparently a full-on server restart was necessary. It’s working now without any configuration changes.

The problem recurred after updating to Openfire 3.5.2. I normally do not worry about shutting down PyIRC-t when doing these upgrades. At some point in the past, at least back to the upgrade to 3.5.0, this worked without any trouble; but twice now I’ve had the double message symptom after installing an Openfire update.

Now that I know how to work around the problem it’s nothing more than an annoyance. Just hoping that this additional info leads someone to the source of the issue.