PyMSNt on Windows 2k

I was usin psi. It has a discovery servce, although I do not seem to see the transport.

I am using windows.

When I tried Gaim, I got this message

2006.06.09 15:23:33 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:259)

] Error trying to connect to remote server: msn.131.202.96.10(DNS lookup: msn.131.202.96.10:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: msn.131.202.96.10

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:126)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

ok in your connection settings for exteranl componants what is the connection port settigns for the transport and then what is the connection port setting for the pymsn transport in it’'s config file? also, are you starting thetransport AFTER the server?

one more thing, if you go into session>componant sessions can you see anything? i.e is there anything about the MSN transport listed. if so then all fields should be filled in if some are missing then we still ahve a configuration issue either server or config file side…

Jeff

Are you running the transport on the same box as Wildfire?

Message was edited by: jeff_garner

It is 10015 in both files. My computer is listening on the port.

I assume by starting the transport you mean python MyMSNt.py ?? And yes.

There is nothing in the components sessions tab.

I am running the transport on the same box.

change the ports on the transport config and wildfire to point to 5269. restart the transport (yes that is the proper command btw.) then look in your logs to make sure they connect and then point your client at the server for discovery

Jeff

The server to server port is already set to that. Can I disable server to server ? I will not be connecting to any other jabber servers.

After you answer my last question … you are going to really think I am dumb … but … what exactly should I be putting in my client to connect to msn ?

Should I have a valid jabber user loginto the wildfire server first ?

Thanks

P

Do this. Set your server componant conenction port to 15347 (yes different number) Set your msn config to the same port. restart the server and msn. now see if you are connecting.

theMSN connection once found should be handled like this.

discover the MSN gateway. Register with transport, put in your passport account info for MSN. You MSN contacts should pop in your roster listing (atleast those that are on.)

You should whitelist your server for S2S unless you want other server to connect to yours.

THis should be the final step for you. set the ports, restart both server instance adn then python (MSN) connect to the jabber server with PSI, open your discovery browser, look down the list and your should see you MSN gateway.

Jeff

YES. You must login the wildfire server first …

Message was edited by: jeff_garner

Thank you again for your replys, and for putting up with my questions.

What do you mean by:

restart the server “and msn. now see if you are connecting.” What do I put in to msn … username@hotmail.com … or msn_username@ jabberserver, or jabber_username@jabberserver.

What do you mean by

discover the MSN gateway. Register with transport, put in your passport account info for MSN.

Thank you again, and sorry for my ignorance

I think the main problem (other than I am not very good with this) is that the transport is still not showing up in the Service Discovery window … so I can’'t register it …

Peter

as a question, are you running this on one of the windows with a firewall?

No Firewall. Just windows 2000 pro.

P

What I mean is that when you do anything to your config for wildfire you should restart both services as I have had slow reconnects to Wildfire by the py transports if I only restart WIldfire alone.

Man, this one’'s a tough one. You say that Wildfire is running normally right and you have the connection info in the external connections area? if your config is exactly like you show it, I cannot understand why it isn;t connecting. With your pymsnt transport you installed Openssl, pyssl, pycrytpo, obviously you have python installed…

show me your MSN config one more time so I can look at the latest that you have configured…

Jeff