Query number of connected users for SNMP/Cacti/Nagios?

Is there any method to query the number of currently connected users (or any other operational statistics) from a running Openfire server?

We already have the Enterprise plugin, but it would be nice to flesh out the graphs for the box in cacti or to monitor with Nagios.

Can any interesting data be exposed through HTTP binding/querying?

Hi,

I have Openfire 3.5.2 with the monitoring plugin, and I’ve found a way to monitor number of active users and number of active conversations.

These are the queries I’m using to get active users and conversations. I regard any conversation that has had activity in the last 10 minutes as “active”.

Active Users:

SELECT COUNT(bareJID) FROM ofconparticipant WHERE leftdate > UNIX_TIMESTAMP(DATE_SUB(NOW(),INTERVAL 10 MINUTE))*1000;

Active Conversations:

SELECT COUNT(conversationID) FROM ofconversation WHERE lastActivity > UNIX_TIMESTAMP(DATE_SUB(NOW(),INTERVAL 10 MINUTE))*1000;

It’s pretty trivial to wrap thos queries up so that the data can be fed into Cacti.

However, I would really like to be able to monitor the number of connected users as well. Is there any way to expose this via a database query, or some other method?

It would be great if the monitoring plugin was able to expose all the statistics via a URL which didn’t require authentication, like the Presence Service plugin does for presence information.

Ben.