Question on plugin and extending authentication

Hi All,

I am new to JIVE. I am trying to authenticate user with SHA-1 digest and our database tables rather than using the jive

messenger table. After authenticating the user, we want to send a unique_id (stored in DB) to the JIVE server and then

eventually to the client. We want to store this unique_id in the client.

I have implemented an extension to authentication and this is working. I need help with sending this unique_id that is

generated by the DB during authentication to the client.

I would like to use the plug-in approach (let me know if there is a better way):

The flow is: after DB authentication -> JIVE server gets unique_id and stores it in an object -> JIVE server sends

success message to client -> Client receives success message, this triggers creation of a new message requesting

unique_id -> JIVE server Plug-in gets message, acts on it by retrieving unique_id, creating a message and sending to

client.

I have looked at the sample plug-ins (Search and others) … they seem complicated. The questions are: do I really

need admin JSP pages? What if I want the plugin to be “active” all the time? Does anyone have a paired down version of

plugin code that has the minimum methods. I am assuming I need an IQHandler plugin.

Thanks

Mahaveer

Hi Mahaveer,

do I really need admin JSP pages?

Nope.

What if I want the plugin to be “active” all the time?

They typically are, unless you’'ve written it to be disabled via something like an admin jsp page.

Does anyone have a paired down version of

plugin code that has the minimum methods.

Have you looked at the example plugin in the url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/Plugin Guide[/url]?

Hope that helps,

Ryan