Question: User Administration

Hi there,

I have a little issue. My problem is tha I want upgrade 2 users as admins for the Openfire Server. They must can login on the webside and can do administration parts.

What I must do to can upgrade the user.

Thx for helping.

Best reguards Blindside

You must edit /openfire/conf/openfire.xml file (stop the server before that).

Then you should uncomment authorizedUsernames or authorizedJIDs lines and put your users in there. E.g.

Before:

johnd@servername,marryj@servername

Those two users will be able to login to Admin Console and administrate the server, though they both will have full rights. You can’t restrict they access to some places. But you can then check Security Audit Viewer and find out who has made changes.

wroot wrote:

You can’t restrict they access to some places.

Is this something that is planned for future versions or could be patched together with a plugin? Now that the Monitoring Service is open source, our department managers would love to have access to it but we don’t want to give them access to everything else. I’d prefer not to try and show the same data in a custom built interface since the one in Openfire is pretty sweet.

jcampbell wrote:

Is this something that is planned for future versions or could be patched together with a plugin? Now that the Monitoring Service is open source, our department managers would love to have access to it but we don’t want to give them access to everything else. I’d prefer not to try and show the same data in a custom built interface since the one in Openfire is pretty sweet.

Not in near future i suppose. Unless you will make such correction by yourself (or any other community members)

Thx alot. The issue has been fixed.