Quick creation of contacts lists

Hi zgambitx,

Is waiting for 2.1 (or whatever version the requested roster feature makes it into) going to work for you? If not, let me know, I’'m sure we can figure out a one shot solution to get you up and running.

Thanks,

Ryan

Yes sir. That will be fine. Thank you

In case anyone is interested, I’‘ve attached an improved version of the utility that I wrote. The new version addresses a bug where the jiveid table wasn’‘t being updated which could cause issues if a user later tried to use a client to add contacts. The new version also performs the entire roster creation as a transaction, so if anything should go awry during the operation the database won’'t be left in an unknown state.

Enjoy!

Didn’'t see the attachment.

Oops, sorry about that.

In case anyone is interested, I’'ve attached an

improved version of the utility that I wrote. The new

version addresses a bug where the jiveid table wasn’'t

being updated which could cause issues if a user

later tried to use a client to add contacts. The new

version also performs the entire roster creation as a

transaction, so if anything should go awry during the

operation the database won’'t be left in an unknown

state.

Enjoy!

Ryan: How does one edit the database connection section of your code if they are using the built in DB in messenger?

//TODO change the following four lines

private static String url = “jdbc:oracle:thin:@[host-name]:1521:[SID]”;

private static String login = “login”;

private static String password = “password”;

private static String domain = “@domain”;

Steve

Hi Steve,

I believe the settings would be something like:

private static String url = “jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/xdb”;

private static String login = “sa”;

private static String password = “”;

Also, be sure to change this line:

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

to this:

Class.forName("org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver");

While I haven’‘t tested it, when using the built-in database I would suspect you’‘ll have to have Messenger, and therefore the database, running for the utility to work. Then when you’‘re done running the utility you’‘ll have to bounce the server. The issue with this approach (assuming it even works) is that you’'d want to make sure that no one is logged into Messenger when running the utility or you might run into data problems.

FYI - Jive Messenger 2.1 is very close to being released and will make my utility program no longer needed.

Message was edited by:

ryang