Receive xmpp messages that are sent to a different resource?

How do I receive xmpp chat messages that are sent to a different resource?

E.g. my message listener receives messages fine , until that message gets replied to from another resource (like gmail gtalk). From that point on the messages are sent to that client resource and not my listener.

Im using the smack library for java (well actually asmack which is a port for android)

After connecting to the service (gtalk), I add a listener like this:

connection.addPacketListener(new PacketListener() {
                public void processPacket(Packet packet) {                     Log.i(TAG, "processPacket: chat");                     Message message = (Message) packet;                     Log.d(TAG, "Message: " + message.toXML());                     if (message.getBody() != null) {
                        String fromName = StringUtils.parseBareAddress(message.getFrom());
                        Log.i(TAG, "Got text [" + message.getBody() + "] from [" + fromName + "]");
                    }
                }
            }, filter);

This works fine initially, I receive messages from gtalk. These messages actually get sent to multiple clients, my desktop gtalk, the gtalk app in android, and my implementation.

But when i reply to a message, say in the desktop app, all subsequent messages get sent to the desktop app resource, and I get nothing received in my implementation.

So I’m not sure how to also receive these messages. The Gtalk app seems to do this. It doesn’t appear as a new message like it does initially (before its replied to), but it does get updated in the gtalk app thread.

Any help would be great!

No one can help? Really don’t know where else to look for this