RED5 not loading in the Admin Console

Hi there,

First of all thanks to ignite and Jive members for this awesome tool!

I have Openfire 3.7 server with Spark 2.6 as a client running.

I wanted to get Red5 installed and performed the following step:

1. Downloaded the plugin(Red5.war) from the beta plugins link - Admin Console doesnt recognize it

2. Stop the openfire service tried again… still nothing

3. Downloded a previous version and tried - still no luck

4. I even tried changing the Http-Bind port but ofcourse no luck since RED5 is not loading

The plugin is not loading in the Admin Console no matter what I do. Do i need to reinstall Openfire?

Here is the log:

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mortbay.jetty.HandlerContainer
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1067)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :80)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :420)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mortbay/jetty/HandlerContainer
2011.06.02 13:14:09 Error loading plugin: J:\Program Files\Openfire1\plugins\red5

Thanks in advance.

The old red5 plugin ONLY works with Openfire 3.6.4 and below. Try the new Redfire plugin

I have the same exact problem, I am using Red5 v 0.1.02 on Openfire 3.7.1 I cant see red5 in the admin console or access it via http://URL:7070/red5. Thought in /opt/openfire/plugins/red5 is there.

But redfire version dont have the sparkweb A/v module where red5 version has it. is possible to run the red5 sparkweb A/v module in openfire 3.7.1?

You are correct. Redfire does not have any support for SparkWeb. Red5 plugin is very old, I would be surprised if it worked in Openfire 3.7.1 without a recompile