Red5 standalone sip

Hi,

I’ve tried to download the nelly moser pcm, but it seems that google dropped the project.

My Sip plateform is as follow : a SIP server, one firewall , the red 5 server . Between the user and the red5 server, we have 2 firewalls. For now i’m making a tunnel between my client and my red5 server with a putty. So I would like to test the rtmpt, but for now, i’d like having the sound working during a call.

Like you said before , I’ve followed the link about the documentatio and how to set up, I’ve did everything exactly like it was written but as I said before with the openfire platform, the codec works one time for a call from flash to softphone.

I’ve tried between flash phone. I have cracky noises, but I can’t hear anybody talking. The same operation on a red5 standalone platform doesn’t works.

I have also the same issue between a soft and flash, the softphone close the call when the asso2ulaw is compiled and in place. Is there a problem between the two ?

About the nellymoser, I’ve deleted my files and with google stopping support, I didn’t find it anywhere else. When you say to compile them, you put them with the red5 / openfire codecs ? (I think that my problems of sound may be solved by these codecs, but i’m not sure, I didn’t found out how )

Sorry with all my questions, but when I see everybody saying that it works for them, and myself doing everything as it is written, and having nothing working, it’s a bit sad

Thank you

If you have followed the discussion here about red5phone and the standalone red5 server on Linux, you will discover that it does NOT work “out of the box” without a recompile because of the relative file paths used in the code. It also does NOT work with the SVN red5 server code.

My advice is that you look for sip.log and the mjsip log files in the sip/log folder. They will tell you what the problem is and you might be able to fix it without a recompile. Please note that I can’t confirm this or provide any support as I don’t have a free linux server to test with.

The easiest way to use red5phone is to install openfire and the red5 plugin instead of the standalone red5 server and the sip application.

Ugh, making mjsip read sip.conf was a stupid idea, broke whatever little port allocation strategy the red5phone application had :slight_smile:

So instead I now parse the via_addr parameter and pass it specifically to mjsip.

I’ll elaborate next week when I’m back from vacation.

Hi,

I’ve checked some files in the red5, and I was wondering why that doesn’t work on my own install following this guide :

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1520

I found the following line :

if (OS.indexOf(“windows”) > -1) {
command[0] = appPath + “/webapps/sip/assets/codecs/asao2ulaw.exe”;

} else { // we assue linux
command[0] = appPath + “/webapps/sip/assets/codecs/asao2ulaw.exe”;

in /red5/webapps/sip/WEB-INF/classes/org/red5/server/webapp/sip/Asao2Ulaw.java

(having asao2ulaw and the .exe in the directory and it seems that only one is used )

Could it be a clue to find why I can’t have any sound ?

Indeed.

You can of course just copy your asao2ulaw binary to asao2ulaw.exe :slight_smile:

Also make sure it is executable (chmod a+x asao2ulaw.exe), and if you run it, and type a few lines of junk into its standard input, it should output different junk on its standard output.

If it is not so (e.g. asao2ulaw does not run), recompile the executable.

Not the most scientific methods I know, but should cover 99% of the problems.