Reflecting LDAP group updates in Wildfire

Hi guys,

Quick Q! I am using LDAP with wildfire and I have certain groups shared out to the group members. If I make a change in the AD to one of those groups such as adding a member Wildfire does not seem to update the groups. Does this have to be done manually or will Wildfire refresh its LDAP data after a certain amount of time and then roll out the new user?

Thanks

Message was edited by:

brimur

I finally have 2.4.0 working with AD-LDAP and I’'m noticing the same thing.

Also, if I share a group to all users, it doesn’‘t appear to be pushed out unless I bounce the server. We have 263 groups with 733 users at the moment if that helps dev. We’'ve selected Pandion as the client to use with WildFire.

Would it be possible to add a “Refresh” button in the Admin-Console to push out changes to shared groups/members?

How about a Group sort feature? It’'s “painful” to page thru 18 pages of AD groups looking for one to share! ??

Thanks!

Bob

Sorry for the question… but you can show the configuration of the Wildfire (wildfire.xml).

It is that nonprofit that appears the groups.

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.

Right now during testing we only have about 30 users and 3 groups being shared. Here’'s a copy of the current config, setup to filter out disabled users:

I too was wondering the exact thing. It would be nice to have a way to either manually refresh the list or have a setting which would allow us to specify a TTL

Sorry to ask a question within a question, but what exactly does a “shared group” accomplish? I’‘m looking for a way to have a bunch of contact groups set up so that when a new user connects they don’‘t have to add 100+ contacts. I’'m using LDAP against AD.

Thanks.

Going through the code, I think I’‘ve found out why that happens. It seems that when you use the web interface to add a user to a group, it sends an event to the roster to update it with the new information. However, when you do that update directly on the database (or in ldap as the case may be) the event listener doesn’‘t receive the event, even though it’'s in the db already.

Aaron

Sorry to ask a question within a question, but what

exactly does a “shared group” accomplish? I’'m

looking for a way to have a bunch of contact groups

set up so that when a new user connects they don’'t

have to add 100+ contacts. I’'m using LDAP against

AD.

I dont exactly know how it works with LDAP, but shared groups let you predefine rosters for users. You create groups, put users inside and share them, so every logged user (which has permission to see that groups) has that groups in roster automaticly.

Hey Aaron,

Thanks correct. The jira issue JM-379 will fix this problem.

Regards,

– Gato