Registration Plugin suggestions

Hello Ryan:)

So, a new plugin again:) Nice one, though we dont need it at our company. Inband is disabled. Well, a few things about that:

1. can i enter more users to receive messages about new acounts? I’'m now trying to enter couple of users separated by comma, but not sure if it works:)

2. of course, you gonna add an option to email messages about new accounts created, do you?:slight_smile: I mean when JM 2.2.0 arrives.

Hm… about this admin user. I have entered two emails (separated by semicolon) in its properties page. Is this OK? Looking to the future, if you’‘ll add some mailing feature, maybe it could cause some problems, if getting emails from users’’ info pages?

BTW, have upgraded to 2.1.3 yesterday. Nice java memory meter:) Gaim and neos works fine with MUC. Will have to install Exodus on 5 machines and probably will have questions about shared groups, cause we need some complex isolating which looks almost like this:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=14307&tstart=0

Hi Wroot,

Yup, another plugin. Gato was a big help in getting this one out the door.

1. can i enter more users to receive messages about

new acounts? I’'m now trying to enter couple of users

separated by comma, but not sure if it works:)

The plugin is designed to only allow one user to receive user registration messages. If you try to enter two users you should get an warning and the name(s) you entered won’'t be accepted. Are you not seeing one? Do you think it would be beneficial to be able to specify more than one user? Maybe something like the Administrators section under the Group Chat Settings in the Admin Console?

1. of course, you gonna add an option to email

messages about new accounts created, do you?:slight_smile:

Email support will be added, but I still haven’‘t decided exactly how yet. I’‘ve developed the offline email notification plugin and at first I was thinking that it could work in conjecture with the registration program. But, the more I thought about it I decided that having two plugins rely on each other like that probably wasn’‘t such a good idea, so now I’'m leaning toward just adding email support directly to the registration program.

Thanks,

Ryan

The plugin is designed to only allow one user to

receive user registration messages. If you try to

enter two users you should get an warning and the

name(s) you entered won’'t be accepted. Are you not

seeing one?

oops:) Didnt checked Enabled radio button:) No it complains:)

Have just tried Registration plugin at home:) Mmm… i see that messages are

sent From <server_name>. Can it insert admin JID for example? I’'m talking about

Welcome message. Well, nevermind, there is plenty of space to write really clear welcome message with all the explanations:)

Do you think it would be beneficial to be

able to specify more than one user? Maybe something

like the Administrators section under the Group Chat

Settings in the Admin Console?

almost forgotten about this section. Yes, i can enter admins in there and in registration plugin just Enable registration message sending to admins. Dont know if it’'s worth to make registration plugin a “multiplayer”:slight_smile: Maybe registration should be operated by one admin. We have two admins at our company, and maybe we should receive these messages both, because sometimes one of us could be absent. This is only theoretical, as i said, we dont use Inband. But more flexibility wount do any harm?:wink:

Email support will be added, but I still haven’'t

decided exactly how yet. I’'ve developed the offline

email notification plugin and at first I was thinking

that it could work in conjecture with the

registration program. But, the more I thought about

it I decided that having two plugins rely on each

other like that probably wasn’'t such a good idea, so

now I’'m leaning toward just adding email support

directly to the registration program.

if i undestood you right, you ARE right by separating these plugins. Noone want to play with dependencies (remembering my first steps with linux, what a horror:D)

almost forgotten about this section. Yes, i can enter

admins in there and in registration plugin just

Enable registration message sending to admins. Dont

know if it’'s worth to make registration plugin a

“multiplayer”:slight_smile: Maybe registration should be operated

by one admin. We have two admins at our company, and

maybe we should receive these messages both, because

sometimes one of us could be absent. This is only

theoretical, as i said, we dont use Inband. But more

flexibility wount do any harm?:wink:

Ok, you convinced me. For next version I’'ll add the ability to send the new user notification message to mulitple “admins.”

Thanks,

Ryan