Relays not showing up in jingleinfo stanzas

I have “Media Proxy” enabled on my openfire server, but when my libjingle clients connect, the jingleinfo stanza that they receive does not include a <relay /> tag (and therefore, no relay servers). This ends up causing the client connections to subsequently fail. Does anyone know why openfire is not sending out the relay info?

Thanks,

Jeff

Really?!?! Nobody?!?!

Hello,

Unfortunately, our media proxy isn’t standard for libjingle. Lib jingle works just with ICE specification, our implementation is more generic.

It’s easy to implement it in libjingle, if you are able to do it, please contact me for instructions.

Best Regards,

Thiago

Thanks Thiago,

I’d appreciate any help or direction you can give. I would imagine that I’m not the first to run across this issue, so if you or anyone else can point me to some existing code, that would be great. Otherwise, any information would be most helpful.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hello,

We have discussed it a lot in the XMPP lists, we currently don’t have anything OpenSource that full supports Google’s libjingle. That’s why we asked for a transparent expecification.

But, we never get that decided, so what I suggest to you is to use our Smack based Jingle API. In which language are you writing your app?

You can also check google’s docmentation and check our Media Proxy code in Openfire.

Best Regards,

Thiago