Release date for the next release of Openfire

Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a tentative release date for the next release of Openfire. This release should include some bug fixes that are of strong interest to us.

Cheers,

Luki

I suspect we could make a 4.0.2 release soon and cherry pick some 4.1 commits back into the 4.0 branch. Which exact bug fixes are most important to you (to make sure we get them cherry picked)?

HI Daryl,

Thanks for the quick reply. We are hoping to get the following:

https://github.com/tevans/Openfire/commit/dab1f718e0a036e35024863fa8fac8fa609672 0c

If 4.1 is going to be released quite soon, don’t worry about 4.0.2 unless you had already planned for this update. Is 4.1 close to release?

Cheers,

Luki

I am not aware of any immediate plans for 4.1 to be released, so 4.0.2 will come sooner.

In that case, it would be great if we could have a 4.0.2 release that includes the commit noted in my previous message.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

Luki

HI Daryl,

Would you be able to confirm if and when the 4.0.2 update is ready for release?

Many thanks,

Luki

Not at this time, we need to cherry pick some stuff out of master branch and then make sure all is ready. I am actively pushing for it.

Thanks for pushing for the 4.0.2 release Daryl We will keep an eye for it!

Cheers

Hi Daryl,

Sorry to be bugging you again, but have you guys made any plans for a 4.0.2 release?

Cheers,

Luki

Sorry, nothing to report yet.

daryl

Okay, this patch is now in the 4.0 branch and I am hoping to push one more potential commit before sending out 4.0.2 release. We shall see though.

Great news, thanks for the update Daryl. Looking forward to seeing the 4.0.2 release once you are ready.

Cheers,

Luki

Hi Daryl, Just noticed that 4.0.2 has been released which includes our fix as well. Thank you very for working towards expediting this release.

Cheers,

Luki