Release of Spark 2.6.3

Hi guys. I’ve recently updated to version 2.6.3 on a windows 2003 domain. Everything worked fine after the install until the following morning when users came in to work to find out that they had to reenter their passwords to log in. To make matters worse, some users cannot log in at all even after reentering their passwords. Has anyone had this problem and if so, is there a sollution? I took a look at the log and saw multiple errors saying "PLAIN authentication. authentication failed for:

Can anyone help?

I have seen this on a failed 2.6.3 package I had made while trying to connect with Openfire 3.6.4. Once I remade the package, I have not seen it. Also, the Spark 2.6.3 package that was failing to connect to our Openfire 3.6.4 production server, connected fine to our 3.7.0 server.

I just downloaded the latest version this morning, still the same ALT + J join room problem.

"…small problem with the latest version there is no “keyboard shortcut” to “join selected room”.

I used to have this automated with keyboard login commands to log into 10 rooms but with the latest update there seems to be no way to automate the “Join room” command."

Dean, what about using the option in Spark “Join on Startup”?

@Church, i’m not sure how that would help? there are 10 rooms i need to join and before i just hit a script key on my pc that used the Alt J command to join them…some time in the last few updates the Alt “1st letter” option was removed for some reason.

@Dean, well when we choose “join on startup” for a bookmarks conference room, Spark opens each room when it starts. Isn’t that what you need to do?

the rooms are already open?

I just noticed that 2.7 is coming out at the end of the month! Very exciting as I am experiencing some problems with the current versions. I have one client running 2.6.3 on a 32 bit windows vista machine and a client running 2.6.3 on a 64 bit windows 7 machine. Whenever these two users contact each other via spark it completely freezes the program without going into “Not Responding” status… I have troubleshooted to the extent of running 2.5.8 on both, deleting the user and readding them to openfire. I also tried logging in with my account on his computer and had no problems. The problem seems related to the user. Is there any known way to fix this, or will it be addressed in 2.7?

Where does it say that 2.7 is coming out?

In the downloads section, top right corner of screen I believe after you click on Spark. It says September 26th 2011.

I just found this under the development stuff:

http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK/fixforversion/10921

I don’t know if it is actually supposed to release then though, seems like there is a lot to be fixed before it can release and quite quickly after 2.6.3. As for your problem, it sounds like they have corrupt profiles on their PCs. I would delete their spark profiles and delete the profiles from the old 2.5.8 as well as 2.6 and newer will copy the profile to the new location.

Looks like the mention is in the Spark Dev forum: http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/216520#216520