Remote host not reachable

Hello,

I am new to Wildfire. I downloaded and installed Wildfire 3.2.4 on to my Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 machine for testing (on localhost.localdomain (or 192.168.1.101)). I use Fedora Directory Server for my LDAP backend also running on the same machine. Created two users, user1 and user2. My client is gaim on the localhost (192.168.1.101).

I am able to add new users on GAIM (user1 and user2) and they can login sucessfully (I verfified from the list of connected clients on the wildfire admin page). However when I send an IM from user1 to user2 (or vice versa) the IM doesn’'t reach the other user (no errors on the client side).

I do see the following message in the wildfire error log. The server, client and the users are all on the same machine. Wondering, why it is trying and can’'t reach the server. Can somebody tell my what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Satish.

cat error.log

2007.04.07 00:36:11 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:258) Error trying to connect to remote server: user2(DNS lookup: user2:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: user2

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:142)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:184)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi,

what did you set as the xmpp.domain? If it’'s localhost.localdomain than your should send a message to “user2@localhost.localdomain” and not to “user2”.

LG