Remote server (S2S) route packets changes?

In the client login procedure and before a client goes available, i see that some vcard packets from remote server (s2s connections or gateway ) contacts could not be routed (warn & debug log file). Packets (vCards at the logon procedure and before available are sent) from local server contacts arrived correctly. I suppose something is changed in this version. Am i correct ? Will be a permanent change or not ?

(This happens in the 3.4.1, 3.4.2 version.)

Thanks

Hey kyri,

The only known issue in s2s is that TLS is not working at the moment. Other than that it should be working fine. If you provide us information about the XML traffic that you are seeing we could help more. I would risk to say that the s2s traffic that you are seeing comes from a roster that has remote users subscribed to the user or the other way around.

Regards,

– Gato

Here are some warn log errors from Openfire:

2007.12.12 23:45:11 Error or result packet could not be delivered

<iq type=“result” id=“agsXMPP_27” from="kyri@im.ipxgate.gr" to="kleo@ipxgate.com/MyMoo">

<vCard xmlns=“vcard-temp” prodid="-//HandGen//NONSGML vGen v1.0//EN" version=“2.0”>

<FN>unknown</FN>

<NICKNAME>Kyri</NICKNAME>

<PHOTO>

<TYPE>image/png</TYPE>

<BINVAL>iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAA</BINVAL>

</PHOTO>

<BDAY/>

<ADR>

<LOCALITY></LOCALITY>

<CTRY>Greece</CTRY>

</ADR>

<TEL>

<CELL/>

<NUMBER>+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<HOME/>

<NUMBER>+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<WORK/>

<NUMBER>+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</NUMBER>

</TEL>

<EMAIL>

<USERID>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</USERID>

</EMAIL>

</vCard>

</iq>

<iq type=“result” id=“agsXMPP_28” from="jiannis@im.ipxgate.gr" to="kleo@ipxgate.com/MyMoo">

<vCard xmlns=“vcard-temp”>

<TIMEGMTDESCRIPTION>My Computer’s</TIMEGMTDESCRIPTION>

<TIMEGMTMINUTESOFFSET>120</TIMEGMTMINUTESOFFSET>

<PHOTO>

<TYPE>image/png</TYPE>

<BINVAL>ErkJggg==</BINVAL>

</PHOTO>

</vCard>

</iq>

<iq type=“result” id=“agsXMPP_30” from="elli@im.ipxgate.gr" to="kleo@ipxgate.com/MyMoo">

<TIMEGMTDESCRIPTION>My Computer’s</TIMEGMTDESCRIPTION>

<TIMEGMTMINUTESOFFSET>60</TIMEGMTMINUTESOFFSET>

<TIMESHOW>Yes</TIMESHOW>

<PHOTO>

<TYPE>image/png</TYPE>

<BINVAL>iVBORw0KJggg==</BINVAL>

</PHOTO>

</vCard>

</iq>

All these packets are from contacts in my roster. My domain is ipxgate.com remote server domain is im.ipxgate.gr.

After upgrade to 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 i have seen that these warning appear in the log files. They are result packets to:

<iq xmlns=“jabber:client” id=“agsXMPP_27” type=“get” to="kyri@im.ipxgate.gr" from="kleo@ipxgate.com/MyMoo">

<vCard-filtered />

</vCard>

</iq>

All to remote server.

Packets like this

<iq xmlns=“jabber:client” id=“agsXMPP_26” type=“get” to="test10@ipxgate.com" from="kleo@ipxgate.com/MyMoo">

<vCard-filtered />

</vCard>

</iq>

(also to local contacts) are normal arrived to client without any warning in the log file of Openfire.

(Both Openfire servers are 3.4.2 on win2003, DB SQL2005)

I try to send available presence earlier to Openfire and the problem was solved, no warnings. But then i have problem with privacy list.

I have to wait until privacy list is activated.

Strange is that this happens after upgrade to 3.4.1. With the versions before was ko. So i believe after clustering was integrated something with remote server packets is changed.

(May be they ask for available presence of session before they are routed and the local packets are routed directly to the session…?)

Hope this help you

Thanks you for your time