Removing a user in an LDAP deployment?

I’ve got a user who is having difficulties (He can see his roster in SparkWeb, but not in Spark itself, and it doesn’t seem to be a Spark problem, as he’s apparently tried it on multiple machines). What I would like to do is remove his account so that it can be recreated, but because we use LDAP as our user source, deleting the user from the admin console isn’t allowed.

Does anyone have any pointers on deleting the user via SQL query? We’re currently running 3.3.2 (yes, I realize we’re pretty far behind…)

Generally this is a client related issue. I would try deleteing his spark profile from the local machine. The profile is in the root of their home folder. There is no way to delete the account from the server. You could also try purging the server cache.

sixthring wrote:

Generally this is a client related issue. I would try deleteing his spark profile from the local machine. The profile is in the root of their home folder. There is no way to delete the account from the server. You could also try purging the server cache.

I’ve tried purging the caches, and he’s tried deleting the profile, in addition to installing Spark on fresh machines. Any ideas?

I would guess that you would have to delete the user from the ldap server itself and then shutdown and restart openfire. That I would think would remove them from the ldap list of users. What I don’t know is if there will be any remnants in the database…

Like I said, just a guess. But I do know that the ldap data is refreshed when openfire is restarted…

hope this helps.

Wayne