powered by Jive Software

Removing Plugins option from Spark menu

I’m customizing a build of Spark for our company and cannot figure out where the Plugins option under the Spark menu is located. I’ve spent hours trying to figure out where this is and how to remove it. Can anyone help elighten me on where this is located?

Thanks in advance.

Also I was wondering if someone could tell me where the default settings are for the spark.properties file that gets created in the user profile directory if one does not exist. I would like to change the default download directory that gets assigned if possible. Forgive my lack of knowledge in this. I don’t know java and I’m kind of flying by the seat of my pants.

Well if anyone else is wondering where this is located, I found both. The plugins menu can be removed by commenting out line 158 in the file PluginViewer.java under java.org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.viewer. Most of the spark.properties defaults can be modified by editing LocalPreferences.java under java.org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.settings.local. Some settings like file transfer stuff is under other random files.