Repackaging Spark with custom spark.properties file

I’m trying to repackage Spark 2.5.8. I have the package built and I have a script that will do the majority of the custom spark.properties stuff. So the majority of the ground work is already done. I’m hoping to deploy the spark client with Single Sign On turned on. Problem being is when I configure my test client with SSO and get it working correctly, then delete the lines in spark.properties that pertain to Username and Password, it doesn’t work.

Can anyone give me any ideas as I would hate to deploy this and then have to send out instructions to the end-user telling them how to configure the client.

TIA.

Can anyone tell me if these instructions are still valid to get SSO successfully working? http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1060

I’m having the same problem as you. I’ve configured SSO correctly on both Openfire and Spark, tested that SSO works fine, remove username/pw from spark.properties and Spark fails with SSO logon.

Simply closing Spark and starting it up again solves the problem.

Is this a design limitation in the client? Ie, does it need a username/password in spark.properties to even begin authentication? Is it possible to modify Spark so that it checks if SSO is enabled and then populate username/password?

I haven’t had an problems, but I don’t deleted the whole line. leave the username and password lines, just leave everything past = blank