Restarting server makes me setup every time

Running Openfire 3.10.0 on CentOS 6.6, Java 1.7.0_76. Each time the service is restarted, it needs to be re-setup before it accepts connections on 5222 again, and then it works until I restart it. I’ve seen some posts about this from years back on older versions that say to make sure the line* true* is in the /opt/openfire/conf/openfire.xml file. It was not, but all other settings were. I added it after the line and restarted, but that didn’t help, I had to re-setup. I tried creating a new database in MySQL with a new name, and doing setup again with that, and it recreated openfire.xml, but with the OLD database name in it, which is wrong.

-Zack

Figured it out. We had upgraded to Openfire 3.10.0 when switching servers, but we had copied over the old MySQL database. Once we started a new database and commented out the true line in the openfire.xml file, set up again, it added the correct database name, to openfire.xml, added the* true* flag to the setup tag, and we are able to restart no problem. It did require copying over the data in the ofRoster table and restarting so people would not lose their buddy lists.