Restrict users from instant messaging each other

Hi All,

Yet another post from a newbie here.

First off I will announce to those that don’'t already realize that Jive Messenger kicks butt!

I was assigned the task of implementing an instant messaging solution primarily for our Call Center which consists of salespeople and customer service reps. After implementing JM the Director of our CC realized that he didn’'t like the idea of his salespeople instant messaging each other.

Is there a way on the server side to restrict those in a particular group from sending messages at the same time allowing them to receive?

I’‘m hoping that there is a way because if not I’'m going to have to set our CC staff up with email accounts.

Please help!

Reading Raider

JM 2.2.0 does not have support for blocking communication between users. We are planning to implement that feature as you can see in these two issues: JM-102 and JM-349. Feel free to vote for any of them to raise its priority.

Even though there is no out-of-the-box support you may implement this feature creating a new PacketInterceptor. Your new PacketInterceptor will have to check if the sender and receiver of the intercepted packets are allowed to communicate. It should be quite easy to implement this interceptor so let us know if you are going to choose this option or if you need any help.

Regards,

– Gato

JM 2.2.0 does not have support for blocking

communication between users. We are planning to

implement that feature as you can see in these two

issues: JM-102 and JM-349. Feel free to vote for any

of them to raise its priority.

I think only JM-349 is the feature he want