Restrict Users from Talking to Each other

Is there a way, in openfire, to only allow users to IM a certain user? Here’s an example: I wil have many client users, and one special user. I want the users to be able to contact the special user, but I don’t want clients to be able to talk to each other. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Max

first I would create a group and add only the special user. create another group and place everyone else in it. Share the special user’s grouop with everyone. disable the search plugin. install the packet filter plugin and configure it for the restrictions you want.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ll check out the groups option.

I have a custom packet interceptor plugin right now, would it be sufficient for me to simply throw a PacketRejectedException if the destination address isn’t the special user? Or would that not cover special cases?

I really can not answer for that plugin.

would it be sufficient for me to simply throw a PacketRejectedException
if the destination address isn’t the special user? Or would that not
cover special cases?

1. Clients need to communicate with the server (“yourserver.com”) and the component manager (“component.yourserver.com”). This should be allowed in BOTH directions for local JIDs. Don’t forget that clients use JIDs like “yourserver.com” during login.

2. Your special user maybe wants to answer your users?

3. Also you maybe want to allow components, e.g. pubsub.* or conference.*