Ridiculous Plugin Problem

I had recently installed 3.0.1 with some plugins. A couple days ago I noticed there were some updates available for the plugins, so I dutifully installed them. When I went back to the plugins page, it said “No plugins installed.” I looked at the logs and it said the plugins require 3.1.1. So I downloaded and installed the new version,. The service restarted and still “No plugins installed” the error log now gives this message:

2006.11.21 16:38:10 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:467)

] Error loading plugin

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.ImportExportPlugin

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoad er.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :347)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :49)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:907)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I can’‘t delete the plugins (at least from the GUI) so I can’'t reinstall them either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please try the following and let us know if it works:

• Stop Wildfire

• Delete plugins from the plugins directory of the Wildfire install

• Start Wildfire server, download plugins again.

If that doesn’‘t do the trick, we’‘ll need to dig a bit deeper to figure out what’'s going on.

Regards,

Matt