Roster conflict with PyMSN

Software Versions

Daily JiveMessenger for 2005-08-09.

Pandion version 2.1.1 as the client.

PyMSN 0.9.3

Behavior

When I register with the PyMSN transport it first puts a record in jiveRoster under my username and a jid of my PyMSN server (msn.jabber.dsdutah.com). Then it puts all my contacts in jiveRoster. But in Pandion I only see a few of them. When I delete everything from jiveRoster that has my username, then logout and log back in I get all my contacts and everything works fine.

Is this expected behavior? Is there any way to disable putting the contacts in jiveRoster?

Nathan

Hey Nathan,

For each contact that you have in your MSN account the gateway will send you (your XMPP client) an authorization request so that the MSN contact can see you as online when you are using the XMPP account. The server will store an entry in the jiveRoster table for each contact that you have in your roster as well as for pending authorization requests. If you deny the authorization request then the corresponding entry in the jiveRoster table may be deleted. If the entry was not deleted then it is possible that some XMPP clients may show those items in the roster. You can then remove them from the roster thus deleting them from the database.

Regards,

– Gato

I’‘m not sure I understand what you are saying. I understand the authorization requests are stored in jiveRoster. I don’'t understand this part.

“If the entry was not deleted then it is possible that some XMPP clients may show those items in the roster. You can then remove them from the roster thus deleting them from the database.”[/i]

Nathan