While I was coding a chat application with Smack, I noticed strange behavior of Rosters.
In fact, for my application, I remove RosterEntries that are not belonging to any group. I perform this test each time I remove an entry from a group. It seemed to work properly until I realised that a “user B” entry removal from user A’‘s roster imply user A is totaly removed from user B’'s roster… That is the most simple example but I got several strange behavior like that!
I work with an “accept all” subscription mode, so, I think that could explain these traps. Perhaps, someone can explain me clearly what are the default behaviors when I add or remove an entry between 2 Smack clients…