Rosters?

Ciao

I wanted to know whenever we create a roster entry is it compulsory to have the entery in contacts roster too ?

eg. current and default scenario :

A createed a roster entery for the B so now once the subscriptions are auto accpeted accepted by B and A exists in B’s roster and B exists in A’s roster.

Can we not have A have only roster entry for B and B should not have A until he excplicty seubscribes to A ?

Something like whatsapp that i have the contact B in my phone so i can see the status message but becuase B dosent have my number in his cotnact list he cnnot know that i am there until my number is added to the contact list

Also is it possible that I can send presence to the user even if not in the roster ?

Thanks

Jeet

Can we not have A have only roster entry for B and B should not have A until he excplicty seubscribes to A ?
Yes see RFC6121 A1: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant Messaging and Presence

Subscription state “From” matches your description.

Thanks flow trying to help me , i had read that and it doesnt cleary explain my question or may be i am not getting it .

What i want to know for presence sending and recvng is it compolsury to have each others in their roster ?

I am not abelt RECIVE the presnce from contact if contact is in my roster but i am not in his/her roster .

irrespective of my roster table subscription column as To,From or Both.

How can i RECIVE presnece from contact if i am not in his or her roster ?

Thanks

Jeet