Run Messenger error!

I builded the project successful.But when I run with the main class:org.jivesoftware.messenger.starter.ServerStarter,the error appeared :

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AdminConsole.getAppName(AdminConsole.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQVersionHandler.(IQVersionHandler.jav a:43)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.XMPPServer.loadModule(XMPPServer.java:269)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.XMPPServer.loadModules(XMPPServer.java:251)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:193)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:117)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:83)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:46)

anyOne help me

You’'re missing some files from your classpath. Specifically, admin-sidebar.xml. What I would recommend is using the build script “ant jar”, and then running the .bat or .sh script in the generated “target/bin” directory.

Regards,

Matt

You’'re missing some files from your classpath.

Specifically, admin-sidebar.xml.

Thanks Matt.

I found admin-sidebar.xml at the src\resources\jar。Where catalogue should I set it free under?

recommend is using the build script “ant jar”, and

then running the .bat or .sh script in the generated

“target/bin” directory.

I want to develop on messenger.It is inconvenient to debug to do it in this way according to what you said?How did you debug?

We use Intellij IDEA as our IDE and have put the project file into CVS. That’‘s what we use for development and debugging. You’'ll need to make sure that all necessary JAR files are in the classpath in order to make Messenger run.

Regards,

Matt

recommend is using the build script “ant jar”, and

then running the .bat or .sh script in the generated

“target/bin” directory.

Matt

I build messenger with ant,and then running the startup.bat in the “target/bin” directory.But the command window have no message in it?How to do then?

The error in the error.log is:

2004.12.23 10:12:32 [org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleUtils.getLocalizedString(LocaleUtils.java:284)

] Missing resource for key: startup.name in locale zh_CN

2004.12.23 10:12:34 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initialize(AdminConsol ePlugin.java:88)

] Trouble initializing admin console

org.mortbay.util.MultiException[java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind]

at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:655)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initialize(AdminConsole Plugin.java:83)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:117)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.jav a:38)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginMana ger.java:248)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:280)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:135)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:65)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:142)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:166)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)

at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)

at java.net.ServerSocket.(ServerSocket.java:185)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.newServerSocket(ThreadedServer.java:373)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.open(ThreadedServer.java:445)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.start(ThreadedServer.java:474)

at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.start(SocketListener.java:203)

at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:686)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initialize(AdminConsole Plugin.java:83)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:117)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.jav a:38)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginMana ger.java:248)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:280)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:135)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:65)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:142)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:166)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

the error in the admin-console.log:

10:12:34.905 WARN!! [pool-1-thread-1] org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.start(ThreadedServer.java:485) >16> Failed to start: SocketListener0@0.0.0.0:9090

What should I do?

Can anybody help me?

Message was edited by:

moonlight

You’'ll need to make sure

that all necessary JAR files are in the classpath in

order to make Messenger run.

Which necessary JAR files should be in the classpath?