Running the server and client on the same machine

Hi,

can anyone help me out with this supposedly simple scenario - how to setup the client to run on the same machine as OpenFire server?

I am trying to design a custom client app that needs to connectto OpenFire XMPP server. I use the JabberNet client lib. The server configuration works just fine. It’s opened to the public, which was tested already… DNS lookup, ports opened… etc… everything is OK.

When I test the app from another machine in the same LAN, then everything works fine - the client can connect and is authenticated. I use the full domain as the Server property of the client Jabber component.

When I try to run the client app on the same machine where the OF server is running, then I can’t connect/login. If I use the full domain as the Server property, then I get the error:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.HostResolutionEndHelper(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Dns.EndGetHostEntry(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at bedrock.net.Address.OnResolved(IAsyncResult ar)

If I use this: 127.0.0.1 , then I don’t get any error (at least not caught by the app), but the client still can’t login. It just times-out trying.

I tried “localhost” , 127.0.0.1:5222 , and maybe some other combinations, but nothing worked.

Also I experimented with the Spark chat client. When ran on the same machine, it can’t connect/login if I put the full domain in the “Server” field , but it does login if I put 127.0.0.1 .

Please help!

thanks a lot,

Nenad