SASL authentication fails over Connection Manager

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

i’ve got a problem with as it says above, connecting to the openfire Server(3.7.0) through a connection-manager (3.6.3). It always tells me that “authentication failed” but i can verify that the credentials are correct.

Debug mode tells me this:

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SASLAuthentication.handle(SASLAuthentication.java :320)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionPacketRouter.route(SessionPacketRouter.java:66 )

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.multiplex.MultiplexerPacketHandler.route(MultiplexerP acketHandler.java:188)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.MultiplexerStanzaHandler.processRoute(Multiplexer StanzaHandler.java:101)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.MultiplexerStanzaHandler.processUnknowPacket(Mult iplexerStanzaHandler.java:109)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:305)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:194)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:169)

I found some SASL error threads in the forum, but nothing like that. I took tcpdumps of the communication between Server and con-mgr but that only showed me both could talk to each other.

My guess is that this line could be the clue:

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.MultiplexerStanzaHandler.processUnknowPacket(Mult iplexerStanzaHandler.java:109)

do you have any ideas what i could have done wrong?

P.S.: A Colleague just told me he could connect using Spark v.2.5.8 but using 2.6.3 does not work.

many greetings :slight_smile:

timo