SASL on google talk Problem

I know there are many forum posts on the subject but I have not seen a solution. Here is my code:

ConnectionConfiguration configuration = new ConnectionConfiguration(“talk.google.com”, 5222,“gmail.com”);

XMPPConnection connection = new XMPPConnection(configuration);

connection.connect();

connection.login(LOGIN, PASSWORD,“smack”);

connection.disconnect();

Where LOGIN is my gmail username w/o the "@gmail.com" part…

This block of code throws the following exception:

SASL authentication failed

This message appears to be thrown by the login() method. I have tried every iteration of the username. I saw this http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=147175&#147175

The reply appears to have prior knowledge of this exception but does provide steps of how to fix this. Any ideas on this would be great.

-solid

You can try this

XMPPConnection connection = new XMPPConnection(“gmail.com”);

No dice. I tried changing the connection to string “gmail.com” but it has the same problem. It appears that smack does not support sasl even though google talk requires it. Can anyone confirm?

-solid

It appears that version 3.0.3 is broken. I backed up to 3.0.2 and it worked great. Can someone please make some mention of this in the docs or possibly mark 3.0.3 as a beta?

-solid

This also work in 3.0.3. Try considering Network time out. And try your code several times

As far as I can remember, this issue has been fixed in 3.0.4, so basically 3.0.4 and above should allow SASL authentification with GTalk