Search Archive for Monitoring Service not displaying chat history

Good morning all,

I have upgraded Openfire 3.8.1 to 3.9.1 successfully and upgraded the plug-ins (using the admin console) with no problem.

However, I am unable to view the chat history (using the Search Archive page) in the admin console from the point at which the server was upgraded.

I can view all of the chat history from before the upgrade and indeed chat history is still being logged (I can see it in the database). When clicking “search” in the admin console, I can get all of the history right up to the point at which the monitoring plug-in was upgraded.

I think (as I can’t remember!) that I was using the monitoring v 1.2 plug-in on 3.8.1, (as at the time that I upgraded, the monitoring 1.3.0\1.3.1 had issues, so I didn’t bother upgrading it - as it worked!). I suspect that it might have something to do with it, however I can’t figure out from reading other posts how to fix it! (Something to do with ofID table?)

Would somebody be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

I’m running:

Centos 6.5

Openfire 3.9.1

x64 Java 1.7.0_0.9

Many thanks in advance.

Alan.

Well, I’ve had another look at this and read some very helpful blog posts by tlogan, wroot and this http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-611 from Leon Roy (all to do with the last 1.3.1etc monitoring plug-in).

My problem was the conversationID numbers in the table ofMessageArchive…

I had two lots of conversationID’s in the ofMessageArchive table: numbers 1-29097 and 3141-3531.

1-29097 I could see in the admin console, but 3141-3531 I couldn’t. (3141-3531 are the messages logged since upgrade).

My ofID table, however had idType=600 having the older messages and the idType=50 the newer messages (in the various blog posts it was the other way around - which is what confused me!).

Increasing the idType=50 number to 35000 now makes the messages appear in the admin console (since the new number was put in).

All I have to do now is renumber the 3141-3531 messages to start at 29098 and I’m sorted!

The post from tlogan here: http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/226874#226874 (about 2/3 of the way down) was a big help in diagnosing this.