Search service Openfire 3.6.4

Hi,

We are having an issue with the search service being unavailable. We are currently using version 1.4.0 of the plugin although that was downgraded from 1.4.3 to see if that would fix the problem. I’ve had a dig through the logs to see if I could find anything useful and found the following:

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:219)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.return ErrorToSender(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:277)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:260)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponents .process(InternalComponentManager.java:619)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.processPacket(SearchPlugin.java:1 62)
at org.xmpp.packet.IQ.createResultIQ(IQ.java:355)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: IQ must be of type ‘set’ or ‘get’. Original IQ:

2010.11.24 03:34:12 Error returning error to sender. Original packet:
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:219)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.return ErrorToSender(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:277)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:260)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponents .process(InternalComponentManager.java:619)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.processPacket(SearchPlugin.java:1 62)

This system was inherited after the administrator left the company so I dont know huge amounts about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

MorgUK

Hi Leigh,

Downgrading the search plugin probably won’t help anything. I would suggest installing the new plugin and for good measure restarting Openfire.

Which client are you using? Is “[search.]jabberus.corp.wdsglobal.com” the name of your Openfire server?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

OK, I’ve re-installed v1.4.3 of the search plugin and restarted, still no joy.

I’ve tried a couple of clients, Pandion 2.6.106 and Spark 2.5.8 and yes jabberus.corp.wdsglobal.com is the name of the openfire server.

I have a separate server running the same version of openfire and the search plugin in another region and the search works. As far as I can tell the only difference with the working one is it uses the embedded db and has less plugins installed. The one that isnt working uses MySQL.

If I try to add the search.jabberus.corp.wdsglobal.com service using Spark from the server that has a working search service I get “Unable to contact search service”

Is there any additional information\logs that I can send you that may be more helpful?

Regards,

Leigh

A quick update. Instead of the search being greyed out now in Pandion I get an option to use the Public Chatroom Search service.

It’s starting look like some sort of configuration issue or conflict to me.

A further update…

From the Web Console I can use the Advanced User Search screen from the Users\Groups tab which I believe is part of the Search plugin and it works. Furthermore, using Pandion and opening the console (press F12) I can also execute the following command which I took from a working server and modified for the server that isnt working:

jabber:iq:searchfred.blogs111

This correctly returns the users detail so again leads me to believe the plugin is in fact working. However, the client does not appear to be able to pick this search service up.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Leigh