Search supported?

Hi, matt,

while customizing the messenger, I wanna know whether the two features supported: whether a client can list registered users, both online and offline, on a server? If it is so, can this client tell onlines from offlines? Both tips and elaborations are helpful to me, thank you.

Kindest regards,

Nessus.

Hi Nessus,

I thought I’‘d take a shot at answering your questions since I’'ve been involved with the search functionality of Messenger:

whether a client can list registered users, both online and offline, on a server?

The search plugin returns all users based on the search criteria, regardless if they’'re online or offline.

If it is so, can this client tell onlines from offlines?

No, not currently, but that could be a useful addition to a future version of the search plugin. Getting a users presence can be accomplished through the PresenceManager#getPresence() method.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hi ryang,

Thank you very much, we got on the same way: I am also exploring the plugin for its having implemented the listing function, hope tips are there.

As to all the online user entries, maybe we can drive the server to make a poll that all the online users respond with a presence, by this way we can get all the onlines?

kindest regards,

Nessus.

As to all the online user entries, maybe we can drive

the server to make a poll that all the online users

respond with a presence, by this way we can get all

the onlines?

To get all the online users you can use the PresenceManger#getOnlineUsers().

Hope that helps,

Ryan