Server does not support VCards. Unable to save your Vcard

Our spark clients are displaying this message when attempting to change avatars. Until 2 days ago we were ok. Nothing has changed, we have not upgraded. We are using Wildfire 3.1.1 and not using vcards at the moment. When looking at the logs i notice:

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:216)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.02.13 09:21:28 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQvCardHandler.handleIQ(IQvCardHandler.java:91 )

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: VCard provider is read-only.

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.vcard.VCardManager.setVCard(VCardManager.java:122)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQvCardHandler.handleIQ(IQvCardHandler.java:8 2)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:268)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:96)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:250)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:51)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:216)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

Vcard provider is read-only?

I also have a test server with Wildfire 3.2 on it. This test server is also experiencing the same avatar issue as above with spark. I edited the wildfire.xml on that server and removed the entire vcard portion. After restarting wildfire, this resulted in the ability to set avatars within spark. What doesnt make sense is that NO changes were made to the production server above for well over 2 months. The test server was upgraded to the latest 3.2 recently. Avatars were a non-issue until 2 days ago.

Message was edited by: theredthreat

Here is the wildfire.xml on version 3.2 that is causing the issue:

more wildfire.xml

Message was edited by: theredthreat

Hey Jason,

When using LDAP vCards are read-only. That means that vCards are read from LDAP but cannot be updated from Wildfire. Based on the stack trace I would say that a client tried to update its vCard thus you got that error.

Regards,

– Gato

that makes sense to me…but it is really strange that i have been able to use the options: Spark - Edit my profile - avatar and choose a picture- up until a couple of days ago. None of the users on the server can set/update avatars. Is the avatar considered part of the vcard?

Hey Jason,

theredthreat wrote:

Is the avatar considered part of the vcard?

That is exactly right. Avatars are stored as a vCard field.

Regards,

– Gato