Server handle only 110 users how to increase it

Hi I need some help, can some body tell me how to use connection manager bacause Iā€™'m new on this. I already use wildfire on regular setting and had upgrade the java memory to 1500MB but it not works. my server handle only 110 users. it hang after that.

thanks

Yohan

Hey Yohan,

Could you start a new thread with your problem? It would be easier to track your issue separately from this thread.

BTW, check your error log files and post any error that you have. You may also want to get a thread dump of the Java Virtual Machine. Under Unix execute kill -3 process id. Under windows if you are using the console press Ctrl-C.

Regards,

ā€“ Gato

Thanks Gato.

The error log is:

] Trouble accepting connection

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingAcceptingMode.run(BlockingAcceptingMode.j ava:52)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketAcceptThread.run(SocketAcceptThread.java:11 1)

2006.12.01 11:13:00 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingAcceptingMode.run(BlockingAcceptingMode. java:62)

] Trouble accepting connection

Can you help me how to handle a thread dump of the Java Virtual Machine. I dont understand.

Thanks

Yohan

Hello

I had the same problem on CM side.

How total memory is available on your server ?

For example, I had a 2Gb RAM machine and when I set the -Xmx -Xms memory to 2048M for the JVM I got quickly the same error message.

If I reduced the size lets say to 128M (for the example), I got quickly a Heap Error message not enough memory.

In fact each connection you accept creates a new Thread, and each thread started by Java needs native memory. So you need to make a tradeoff between the memory you allocate to your Java Objects and the memory for native threads.

On CM, I set memory to 1024M for Java and adjusted the native thread stack size to 80K with -Xss JVM parameter to reduce the memory need of each new thread started. It works well.

You can try that and tell us if it fixes your problem